2019 BURTON ART SHOW ENTRY NIGHT
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2019
Complete an entry form and submit with entries on Tuesday, September 24 at the Burton Public Library, 14588 W. Park St., Burton, Ohio between 5:30 p.m. and 7:45 p.m.
Entry forms are available at all public libraries in Geauga, Lake, & Portage counties or you can print a form from the file at the bottom of this page.
ENTRY RULES - please read!
All entries must be original work of the artist and not previously exhibited in this show.
ELIGIBILITY: All artists (16 years and older) that live, work, or attend school in Geauga, Portage, or Lake County are invited to submit their work.
- Each artist is permitted a maximum of three (3) entries. Works of art include paintings (all media), drawings, photography, & 3D Art such as sculpture, glass, pottery, jewelry or carving.
- Each entry must be labeled on the back with the artist’s name, address, phone number, email, title of entry, medium, price or NFS.
- All pieces must be ready to hang or display—paintings, drawings, and photography must have a frame with eye screws and picture wire (oils do not need frame but do need wire), 3D art must have its own display stand if needed.
DELIVERY: Tuesday, September 24, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. on the 2nd floor of the Burton Public Library.
ENTRY FEE: This is a juried show. A non-refundable fee will be charged for each entry, $10/item or $25 for 3 items, cash or check payable to Burton Art Show Committee.
- Unaccepted entries must be picked up Thursday, September 26, from 6:00 p.m. – 7:45 p.m.
- Accepted work must be picked up Sunday, October 13, from 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Use Rear Entrance.
- NO WORKS MAY BE TAKEN FROM THE SHOW BEFORE SUNDAY, OCTOBER 13 AT 4:30 P.M.
- If you will not be personally picking up your work, you must send a signed note with your courier granting them permission to pick up.
AWARDS: Cash awards will be given for 1st Place and 2nd Place in Art, Photography & 3D Art, and overall Best of Show Awards will be presented at the Preview Reception on Monday, September 30. A Popular Choice Award will be given to the work that receives the most votes from visitors to the show. This prize will be awarded Sunday, October 13, at 4:30 p.m.
RECEPTION: A Wine and Cheese Reception will be held on Monday, September 30, from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. All artists and their families are invited to attend and preview the show.
SALES: A commission of twenty percent (20%) will be charged on all sales executed during the duration of the show.
For additional information call Becky Wiegman or Carlina Sweigert at the Burton Public Library (440) 834-4466, ext. 6504.