BURTON PUBLIC LIBRARY
ACCEPTABLE INTERNET USE POLICY
The Burton Public Library provides free access to the internet on a first-come, first-served basis. The Burton Public Library cannot guarantee that information found through the Internet is accurate, authoritative, or factual.
Individual users are reminded that they are responsible for the sites they choose to access.
RULES OF COMPUTER USE:
- Time Limit: ½ hour per day. This may be extended at the Librarian’s discretion. Preference is given to patrons doing research or homework.
- One person per computer
- No food or drinks at the workstation
- Internet Gaming is permitted in the Children’s Room only
- Cost of printing is 10 cents per page for black and white and 25 cents per page for color. Users must pay for each page printed. Patrons are reminded to do a print preview before printing.
CHILDREN’S COMPUTER USE:
Parents and caregivers are responsible for supervising their children’s computer access and are encouraged to learn about the Internet and help their children use it wisely.
- Educate your child about the importance of keeping personal information private
- Encourage your child to be honest about his/her age when signing up for social networking sites
LIBRARY PATRONS MAY NOT:
- Use computers to access obscene or pornographic sites
- Use computers for illegal activity
- Install, delete or modify library software
- Move or change the arrangement of library computers and attached equipment
- Damage or misuse library computer hardware or associated furniture and equipment
Patrons who are found engaging in any of these activities will be subject to consequences ranging from a warning, up to a police escort from the library. Library users should be respectful of our library, staff, and fellow patrons!